The Alberta Education website is a comprehensive internet guide for K-12 education in the province of Alberta.
- Curriculum Handbooks
- Graduation requirements
- Information about the new Mathematics curriculum
- Information about Provincial Achievement Tests and Diploma Exams
- Knowledge and Employability
- My child's Learning: A parent resource
Alberta Health Services - Online Health Information
Alberta Health Services website - containing the latest information on immunizations, and how to promote wellness.
Alberta School Councils' Association
Horizon is pleased to offer a variety of programs designed to help children aged 3-5 years that may have learning difficulties.
High School Completion
- There usually isn't one single reason kids leave school, but several of the more common ones are listed. Leaving school is not a snap decision, nor is it always just about what is happening at school. Leaving school is usually a process that begins long before a student reaches high school.
- This series of web pages has been created to provide parents, caregivers and students with links to useful information to support them to keep their kids in school or to return to high school themselves.
The www.LearnAlberta.ca site is the launching point for all on-line curriculum resources, including streaming video and encyclopedia's. People accessing this site from outside of a school networked computer will require a login name and password that is available from their local school.
Whether you’re a new parent or an experienced caregiver, or just thinking about starting a family, the Government of Alberta offers a wide range of online information and services for you. This page links to Alberta resources and some Government of Canada and related resources as well.
Scholarships Canada - A comprehensive scholarship portal. Search through the extensive database to find scholarships, student awards, bursaries and grants. You'll also find information about student loans, applications and budget planning.
Student Accident Insurance
Horizon School Division annually purchases a blanket student accident insurance for all students, along with a package which enhances coverage for ground ambulance service, special treatment travel and four paramedical services.
Parents can purchase additional Student Accident Insurance below:
- Weather and Road Conditions
- 511 Alberta (new weather and road report site)
- Alberta Emergency Alert
- AMA Road Reports (Twitter)
- Agriculture Alberta
- Lethbridge Related Weather and Traffic Conditions
- Environment Canada (Satellite) (Radar)